Bevilacqua Research Corporation Scientist and Engineer Level 3 (Cyber Security Test Engineer) in Eglin AFB, Florida
Job Description/Essential Functions:
Bevilacqua Research Corporation (BRC) is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned, Small Business based in Huntsville, Alabama**incorporated in 1992. BRC provides “best-value” technical and management solutions to a diverse government and commercial customer base in the following key business areas: test & evaluation, systems analysis & integration, security & intelligence, and R&D.;
This position supports the 47th Cyberspace Test Squadron at Eglin AFB byproviding test engineer support and frequently serves as a technical advisor on Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems.
- Conduct independent compliance assessments, penetration testing, data collection, test automation, and reporting.
- Develop test tools and strategies for cybersecurity testing in DoD.
- Perform system security analysis on systems and/or software to understand and identify vulnerabilities.
- Execute hands-on testing which include significant technical skills with multiple operating systems. (Windows, Linux, Unix, IOS (network)) as well as software/databases (SQL Server, Oracle).
- Provide technical guidance and expertise to test teams.
- Document and communicate test results effectively to technical and non-technical user groups in written and oral formats.
- Active Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret with a Single Scope Background Investigation.
- US citizenship is required
- Must be able to obtain DOD 8570 IAT Level 3 certification (CASP, CISSP, etc.) within 6 months of hire, and maintain certification throughout employment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Cybersecurity, Information Systems or Computer Science and 3 plus years of relevant technical experience in the field of CyberSecurity and/or IT systems OR 6 years of applicable technical experience may be substituted for the technical BS degree requirement (total of 9 years’ experience) OR 4 years of experience with applicable Associates Degree (total of 7 years’ experience).
- Knowledge in the Cybersecurity Assess and Authorize (A&A;) process to support DoD acquisition programs through the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process and DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP).
- Significant knowledge of Windows and Linux Operating Systems.
- Analytical skills and problem solving skills.
- Good organization, decision making, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent self-initiative and self-motivation with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively in small and large team settings to solve complex problems.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
- Job experience leading cybersecurity test events.
- Understanding of network security/engineering.
- Knowledge of common wired and wireless network protocol structures.
- DOD 8570.01-M CNDSP Analyst - Certified (CEH, GCIH, etc.).
- Proficient in software development.
Our EEO policy:
Bevilacqua Research Corporation. is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans and VEVRAA federal contractor. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Job Code: 18-ISR-002
Location: Eglin AFB, FL
Clearance Required: Secret