HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Radiographer in Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is a257-bed hospital_Level II Trauma_Center located in Fort Walton Beach in the panhandle of Northwest Florida. With a medical staff of over 200 physicians, it is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission, Chest Pain Center and a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer and affiliated with the University of Alabama at Birmingham Cancer Care Network. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center also has a psychiatric treatment center, and advanced care for critically ill patients, including cardiovascular and neonatal intensive care units. In addition to these disease specific services, the Medical Center has emergency services, including a main ER, Pediatric ER and Express Care. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center also operates Destin Emergency Care Center and the Rehabilitation Institute of Northwest Florida.
Under the direction of the Radiologist, performs Radiology Services procedures at a technical level requiring no constant supervision of technical detail. Perform a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment, with ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation. Assume responsibility for designated areas or procedures required. Recognizes the purpose employment is to prioritize the patient as number one, and to put forth the utmost quality as a Technologist. Perform examinations on patients of various ages from neonate to geriatric.
- Selects and operates equipment, selecting proper technical factors on an individual patient basis, selects and loads proper film cassettes, using film markers correctly and consistently, develops film as required.
- Transfers and properly position patients for examinations in order to obtain desired radiographic results according to physician specifications. Provides immobilization as required and protection in accordance with prescribed safety standards.
- Assist physicians in performance of examinations by mixing and pouring contrast media, administering contrast media, holding and turning patients, assisting in sterile procedures, and other related duties as required.
- Practice sterile techniques and prevents cross contamination. Maintains orderliness and cleanliness.
- Ensures that all exams are entered appropriately, makes edits as required, moves exam to taken status and verifies for the radiologist to read with all required documents.
- Performs QC functions as required.
- Properly documents all medications used in the EMAR.
- Responsible for the correct identification of the patient demographics on each film to include correct permanent marker right or left identification.
- Receives verbal orders for examinations from a responsible practitioner in keeping with the state license.
- Demonstrates Customer Service principles and behaviors appropriately.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements on or before the due date.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
- Ensures appropriate recording of hours worked, adhering to hospital policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS:· *Service: *Strives to meet expectations/needs of customers; responds to concerns with sense of urgency; seeks win-win solutions for unreasonable patient/customer expectations** * * · *Quality/Ethics/Integrity: *Seeks opportunities for improvement;prevents small problems from becoming large ones; pays attention to detail; follows instructions and protocol/procedures; adheres to company code of conduct; maintains integrity in all aspects of his/her work · *Relationships: *Builds effective working relationships;finds and provides information to clarify situations; expands on original ideas; contributes own ideas; places high priority on other team members’ goals; gains team agreement to support ideas; clearly explains rationale behind ideas/goals; demonstrates sensitivity to differing cultural views and needs; meets attendance and punctuality requirements · *Adaptability: *Seeks to understand changes in work tasks/processes; actively seeks information about new tasks/processes; treats change and new tasks/processes as opportunities for learning and personal growth; speaks positively about changes to others; quickly modifies behavior to deal effectively with change
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Associate Degree or equivalent in Radiological Technology required
- ARRT registry required (new grads must obtain prior to renewal of Florida licensure)
- State of Florida license required
- BCLS–AHA Healthcare Provider certification required upon hire
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Comprehensive knowledge of anatomy, positioning, radiographic techniques, and radiation protection concepts and techniques to include, fluoro, OR, trauma, pediatrics and routine exams
- Knowledge of contrast administration and contraindications
- Knowledge of radiographic physics, knowledge of medical terminology
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:· Comprehensive knowledge of anatomy, positioning, radiographic techniques, and radiation protection concepts and techniques · Knowledge of radiographic physics · Knowledge of medical terminology · Ability to determine exposure factors to achieve optimum radiographic images with a minimum exposure to patients · Ability to examine radiographs for the purpose of evaluation techniques, positions, and other related qualities · Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment with patients during radiographic procedures · Ability to position patient and adjust equipment to produce desired radiographic · Skill in safe and efficient operation of x-ray equipment · Ability to deviate from normal techniques when necessary to develop new and better techniques to keep the department up to date · Venipuncture
Location: Florida-Fort Walton Beach-Fort Walton Beach Medical Center
Requisition ID: 01307-7873