SMG Maintenance Technician in Pensacola, Florida
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Maintenance Technician for SMG/Pensacola Bay Center. Responsible for:
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for assisting with the maintenance of all facility equipment, including HVAC, plumbing and electrical; lighting and climate control systems, and Fire Suppression Systems. Also maintains doors, hardware, floors, walls, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operates, monitors, repairs and maintains all facility systems and equipment.
- Inspects and tests all systems throughout facility to detect malfunctions or breakdowns; diagnose causes and locate the source of the problem.
- Works safely; follows and adheres to all safety/maintenance precautions, policies and procedures; ensures adherence to OSHA, NFPA and other applicable safety codes.
- Maintains and keeps accurate inventory of all mechanical, electrical and plumbing supplies, spare parts, shop tools and equipment.
- Records and logs all work performed using maintenance software and compiles all required reports in a timely and complete manner.
- Assists other Operations Department staff to expedite maintenance tasks as needed.
- Assists with the planning, implementing, and supervision of projects and events.
- May occasionally have to enter areas where fumes, airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals are present wearing appropriate safety equipment.
- Assists with facility cleaning and janitorial tasks including, but not limited to, cleaning and stocking restrooms; sweeping, mopping, dusting, trash removal, vacuuming, spot cleaning, washing, stripping, carpet cleaning, window washing and waxing as needed.
- Assists with facility equipment maintenance and repair including, but not limited to, cleaning chairs, repairing risers, tables and any other equipment as needed.
- Assists with basic building repairs and maintenance including, but not limited to, painting, wall repair, carpet removal and replacement, equipment installations, changing light bulbs, debris removal, landscaping and other general labor activities.
- Assists with set up and take down flooring, portable chairs, operable walls, barricades, staging, tables, telephones and other equipment for the successful execution of events as needed.
This position has no supervisory duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED required.
- 4 years of hands-on experience in facility maintenance; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in an arena or stadium maintenance environment preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate a solid general knowledge of all phases of the building, equipment, operations, and maintenance including the maintenance of mechanical, electrical systems, life safety, and plumbing systems.
- Familiar with operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility.
- Basic understanding of door hardware, locks, door closers, etc.
- Understand and be capable of insuring that all laws, building codes, ordinances, policies, procedures, risk management and emergency procedures are followed.
- Read and comprehend blueprints, drawings and other related materials.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedules.
- Work independently with limited supervision, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Maintain effective working relationships with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Windows and MS Office applications.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Possess any licenses, certificates or training required by local, state or national authorities for the operation of the equipment found at the facility, in particular electrical, HVAC, and forklift/lift operation. Tradesman license in one or more building trades preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
- While performing the duty of this job, the employee is required to walk/stand extensively, kneel, climb to high walkways, balance, and maneuver to all areas of the facility.
- Ability to climb ladders, work on elevated platforms is required
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Work inside and outside the building is required, may have some exposure to adverse conditions.
Must be able to hear and speak to use a two-way radio.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Recruiter- Yvonne Gough
[SMG‐Pensacola Bay Center
201 E Gregory Street
Pensacola, FL 32502
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 850-432-0800
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled