Prometric SME Test Proctor in Pensacola, Florida
The Test Proctor will administer exams on behalf of Prometric and its clients. The Proctor may work independently, with other Proctors or with a Test Supervisor, depending on the size of the administration. All administrations must adhere to Prometric guidelines for security, fair and standardized testing practices, professionalism and client and candidate satisfaction. Exams are administered by paper/pencil or Internet-based testing.
The date for the exam is Wednesday, December 4, 2013. Please ensure you are available to work on this day.
Depending on the size of the event or administration, the Test Proctor may be responsible for:
- Verifying the arrangement of testing rooms are to specification and are appropriate for administering exams.
- Greeting candidates and checking identification, ensuring only approved candidates are testing.
- Providing test instructions, timing exam and passing out test materials.
- Regularly proctoring the exam room(s) to ensure there are no security violations, candidate misconduct or exam materials missing.
- Respond to unexpected occurrences with professionalism, calm demeanor and authority.
- Providing appropriate escalation of any issue or incident and providing a written report of the test event at the end of the event.
- Assisting the Test Supervisor, if applicable, in administering exams.
Paper based tests (PBT)
- Receiving and verifying contents of test administration materials, including exam booklets and answer sheets.
- Ensuring the security of all exam materials, from the moment received until they are shipped back to Prometric.
- Collecting and accounting for all exam materials at the end of the administration, and returning them to Prometric in a secure manner.
- Internet based tests (IBT)
- Launching exams on a computer.
- Helping candidates if they are having difficulty with the IBT exam.
- Obtaining assistance to trouble-shoot any computer problems, if needed.
- High School Diploma required. Some college preferred.
- Minimum one year customer service related experience required, such as education, retail or administrative support. Two years preferred.
- Experience dealing with the public from a position of authority.
- Strong verbal skills; ability to communicate effectively.
- Computer literate; comfortable with working on computers.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at a time.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and operating and maintenance instructions.
- Ability to write detailed reports and correspondence.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to travel to various testing locations.
- Must be punctual.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must not be a coach or instructor for any test preparation course.
Prometric is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keyword: test, proctor, supervise, exam, teacher
From: Prometric SME